c/o Kristin Richard, Physician Recruiter
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Return to top
Emergency Physician/Assistant EMS Medical Director
Northwest Acute Care Specialists is looking for a physician to join our team full-time at Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington, USA. This rapidly-growing hospital on the northern end of the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area sees 75,000 patients annually. The hospital is an accredited primary stroke center, and has been recognized by Healthgrades with a 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. This places Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center among the top 5 percent of hospitals based on a range of quality and patient satisfaction measures. The group is very stable with an exceedingly low turnover rate. The clinical practice features optional scribes, and Epic EHR with Dragon support. Our partnership is one of the largest independent EM groups in the Pacific Northwest and practices at 7 hospitals in the Portland region. Benefits include competitive pay, health coverage and a health reimbursement plan, short- and long-term disability, and a 401k profit-sharing plan. Malpractice is provided by the health system and is occurrence-based.
This posting also includes a position as Assistant Medical Program Director for Clark County, Washington. One of the fastest-growing counties in Washington State, Clark County EMS responds to 40,000 calls annually across a mix of urban, suburban, rural, and remote areas. The system includes fire-based, third-service, and private ambulance EMS response. In Washington State, a single Medical Program Director oversees EMS for the entire county. The county is active in prehospital research, including participating in the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium and the CARES cardiac arrest registry. Teaching opportunities include continuing education for paramedics and EMTs, as well as a paramedic school. There is significant potential for advancement.
The ideal candidate will be BC/BE Emergency Medicine, and have experience and/or fellowship in EMS.
Interested candidates should send CV and cover letter to:
Dr. Andrew Shepard
Legacy Salmon Creek Emergency Department
with a copy to:
Northwest Acute Care Specialists
Non-Profit Air and Ground Ambulance Services
Mercy Flights has an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified physician to join our team in Southern Oregon.
Established in 1949, Mercy Flights is one of the nation’s oldest Not for Profit Air Ambulance Service. We provide high quality clinical service, at a reasonable cost for 911 ambulance, helicopter and fixed wing transport.
The Medical Director position will be filled by a candidate that can represent Mercy Flights in matters of EMS planning, education, data analysis, protocol and policy development, and quality improvement activities. An important aspect of the Medical Director is to be a liaison and work to promote interagency collaboration with regional partners as needed. The Medical Director should look to commit an average of 12-15 hours a week to this role.
Licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) as defined by the Oregon Medical Board under ORS 677;
Meet or exceed the qualifications outlined in ORS 847-035-0020;
Board Certified or Board-eligible in Emergency Medicine or related specialty by the American Board of Medical Specialties preferred;
Clinically active in emergency medicine preferred.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume detailing your skills and qualifications for the job along with a completed application packet. Applications packets are available by going to:
or you can call the Human Resources Department at 541-858-2639.
To ensure consideration, a completed application packet must be received no later than Friday, March 3rd, 2017
. Late or incomplete applications may not be accepted.
Return to top
Associate EMS Medical Director
Mercyhealth is seeking a BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physician to join an award-winning fully integrated health care delivery system as an Associate EMS Medical Director.
EMS Fellowship is not required - will train applicants with a passion for EMS.
- MD-1 is a medically equipped and emergency medicine physician-staffed Chevy Tahoe used for difficult and prolonged extrications or situations where an on-the-scene physician may be able to provide additional medications and resources.
- EMTs and paramedics are equipped and trained to handle a vast array of emergency medical conditions using physician-authorized protocols. Mercy's MD-1 program is designed to augment, not replace, existing community emergency medical services (EMS) resources in the community.
- When EMS crews feel it is appropriate and necessary, Mercy EMS physicians respond in an MD-1 to their request any time, day or night.
- We provide care to residents in more than 40 communities in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
- Significant protected time is provided for EMS administrative duties, education, and field response.
- Clinical duties will be at Mercy Hospital & Trauma Center (Level II Trauma Center) in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Excellent annual salary, plus incentive bonuses, along with our outstanding benefit package including: paid malpractice and licensure, health and dental, CME, relocation, matched retirement savings, and more. Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness negotiable
- Loan assistance available and sign-on bonus negotiable
Janesville is a mid-sized city offers Midwest charm and safety, with excellent schools and abundant recreational opportunities. Janesville lies just 35 miles southeast of Madison, and 110 miles northwest of Chicago. Janesville is Wisconsin's Park Place, with over 2,500 acres of beautiful parkland and twenty acres of breathtaking botanical gardens. The community also offers live theatre, a large variety of golf courses, and unique shopping and dining.Contact:
Kelli Cameron, Director of Physician Recruitment
Cell: 608-443-9982 (texts welcome)
Return to top